50 Steeles Ave East
Thornhill, ON L3T 1A2
T/F: 1 (416) 229 6859
Cell: 1 (416) 909 9704
9 Velenjak 22 St., Unit 10
T/F: 98 (21) 2217 4063
Cell: 98 (912) 805 7016
37 Reza 7 St, Ahmadabad
T/F: 98 (511) 842 6429
Foreign students who wish to study in Canada are required to possess a Study Permit. In general you will need the following to apply for a Study Permit:
- A letter of acceptance from the university, college or technical institution in Canada where you will be studying showing:
- the name of the institution;
- confirmation of your acceptance and/or registration as a student;
- the course of study;
- the duration of the academic program; and
- the latest date you may register.
- If you are going to attend a primary or secondary school in Canada, you will need a letter from the school board that has jurisdiction for the school.
- In case, if you are going to attend a private school, the school itself must issue the letter. The letter from the school board or school must show:
- the name of the school;
- the level of your course of study; and
- the duration of the course.
- Apart from the above mentioned, you are also required to:
- Possess sufficient evidence that you can support yourself and your accompanying family members while you study in Canada.
- Establish to Government of Canada that you will return home at the end of your studies
- Pass a medical exam if needed; and qualify as a temporary resident in Canada, including a temporary resident visa if required.
There are some cases where you do not need to possess study permit which are listed below:
- If you wish to study in a short-term course or program in Canada with a duration of six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
- If you are a minor child already in Canada and your parents are not visitors in Canada.
- If you are a family or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, you do not need a Study Permit to study.